||Jack Green Cycles of Bilston Street,
Wolverhampton probably 1938; 23" built with Accles and Pollock Chromo
||Italian sprint rims on pre-war Airlite 'rivetted'
hubs, 15/17g spokes tied and soldered
||Simplex Ekla cranks with single chainring
||Lyotard with Catos toeclips
||4-speed Osgear mounted on brazed-on boss under
||Unknown 'Continental' alloy stem with Maes 'Kint'
bars with Paget bottles
||Brooks B 17
on down tube. Twin bar mounted Paget bottle cages with alloy bottles.
The previous owner was Gerald Tredwell of Wolverhampton, still alive
and strong at 84 years old and a founder member of the BLRC
He competed in many war-time and early post war races in the Shropshire
and Midland areas. Some notes and memories from Gerald are